Graal Forums

Graal Forums (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech Support (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   GS2 possible offline? (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74756)

DustyPorViva 06-21-2007 05:11 AM

GS2 possible offline?
 
This isn't a rant about wanting it offline.
Just have more of a question. Anyone notice that the Log-in screen has particles? I'm pretty sure particles are controlled by GS2 scripts, and the script itself is in the lamp gani.

So question is... is partial GS2 enabled offline?

EDIT: Oh ya, GUI's are also possible in the offline sections of Graal(F5, installation)...

Darklux 06-21-2007 09:43 AM

No, as you have no offline npcserver.

It has been asked for multiple times anyhow, but Iam sure it won't come :o

DustyPorViva 06-21-2007 09:47 AM

Well I know there's the whole no NPC server thing and all that. But, on the other hand, what's handling the particles and GUI and such if GS2 isn't enabled offline?

Twinny 06-21-2007 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darklux (Post 1320544)
No, as you have no offline npcserver.

It has been asked for multiple times anyhow, but Iam sure it won't come :o

Particles are not run serverside thus not affected by a lack of NPC-Server. Anything clientside does not need a NPC-Server to run.

zokemon 06-21-2007 01:32 PM

The installation guis, server select guis and all that are just from scripts on the "Login" server.

DustyPorViva 06-21-2007 04:25 PM

There are GUI's used when you're not even logged in. So it can't be because of the Login server, as GUI's are used when pressing F5, as well as when installing Graal.

godofwarares 06-21-2007 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1320646)
There are GUI's used when you're not even logged in. So it can't be because of the Login server, as GUI's are used when pressing F5, as well as when installing Graal.

I suppose partial GS2 is implemented offline (yet not on the Level Editor). Either that or Stefan just drawn the GUIs using C++ and not GS2, Theres a possibility.

Crow 06-21-2007 04:40 PM

You can do such things with GS1 too, there shouldnt be a problem doing that. Then again, you only see the main screen using v4, and v4 has GS2 fully added, or else it wouldnt work.

DustyPorViva 06-21-2007 05:00 PM

You can't do particles in GS1, can you? And ya, that was kind of my point, it's in there, so isn't it possible to have it offline?

godofwarares 06-21-2007 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1320666)
You can't do particles in GS1, can you? And ya, that was kind of my point, it's in there, so isn't it possible to have it offline?

You can do particles in GS1, It just takes a bit of time and persistance

DustyPorViva 06-21-2007 06:41 PM

Well, I know it's possible to replicate it. But I doubt Stefan would go through all that trouble just to make a lamp look like it has particle effects. And it seems he's using the wood lamp gani which is rendering the particles. I guess the only way to really know is from Stefan.
Though I'm sure he's going to avoid this thread like the plague because of the misleading title.

Crow 06-21-2007 06:49 PM

He also added the rotate effects to GS1 when GS2 came out, but I still think he just made those with GS2.

Admins 06-21-2007 07:22 PM

Those scripts are compiled into the exe. We will eventually allow it for playerworlds in the future to use & give away the compiled version of scripts, without requiring to give the full script.

DustyPorViva 06-21-2007 07:27 PM

:o

Grey 06-21-2007 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admins (Post 1320721)
Those scripts are compiled into the exe. We will eventually allow it for playerworlds in the future to use & give away the compiled version of scripts, without requiring to give the full script.

Hmm that sounds interesting if it is implemented..


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.