Graal Forums

Graal Forums (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   NPC Scripting (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Why does GS2 not function with the current offline editor? (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82748)

Raeiphon 11-11-2008 11:14 AM

Why does GS2 not function with the current offline editor?

I left a year ago expecting such features when I came back.

It's the same as it was when I left. Whatever happened to GS2 support for the offline level editor? It's goddamn impossible to practice GS2 in an environment where you're unable to compile a script to test it's effect and see the results

Maybe you crazy people are used to learning like that. I'm standing resolute by my belief that half of you are robots.

Enlighten me - why is this so?

DrakilorP2P 11-11-2008 11:18 AM

You need to talk your way into a server or pay to get one yourself to learn anything. This is something you should just accept.

Codein 11-11-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrakilorP2P (Post 1441193)
You need to talk your way into a server or pay to get one yourself to learn anything. This is something you should just accept.

The cold, hard truth.

Umat 11-11-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrakilorP2P (Post 1441193)

We shouldn't have to.

Codein 11-11-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Umat (Post 1441205)
We shouldn't have to.

I agree, we shouldn't, there's no changing that fact. However, it doesn't look like it's going to change any time soon.

Crono 11-11-2008 02:00 PM

Any positive, well accepted change is considered a bad thing for CJ.

xXziroXx 11-11-2008 03:00 PM

You don't seem to realize that by adding support for GS2 into the editor, they would have to implement parts of their actual servers. By doing so, it can easily be stolen, and used by people with ill feelings towards CJ.

I completely understand why they're not doing it. Do I like it? No, not really.

Loriel 11-11-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1441227)
You don't seem to realize that by adding support for GS2 into the editor, they would have to implement parts of their actual servers. By doing so, it can easily be stolen, and used by people with ill feelings towards CJ.

OR those ill-feeling people could just use any of a dozen of free scripting languages instead, that are actually well-tested, documented and supported on a larger scale. What do they have to gain by actually using GS2?

Crono 11-11-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1441227)

Why? They don't need to add serverside support, it would be like the current editor but in GS2 instead of GS1.

xXziroXx 11-11-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loriel (Post 1441229)
What do they have to gain by actually using GS2?

Same thing they have to gain by using old versions of Graal servers for their own project? I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about without me having to mention it's name.

Frankie 11-11-2008 04:05 PM

can someone enlighten me as to who the hell CJ is? I've seen him mentioned a lot recently and I'm not sure who it is.

edit: cyberjouers??? :[

Loriel 11-11-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1441233)
Why? They don't need to add serverside support, it would be like the current editor but in GS2 instead of GS1.

As far as I understand it, the thing that turns plain-text GS2 into executable byte code is currently only part of the server.

Crono 11-11-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loriel (Post 1441246)
As far as I understand it, the thing that turns plain-text GS2 into executable byte code is currently only part of the server.

Would it require a lot of work to change the GS1 stuff to GS2 on the editor if you were in Stefan's position?

Loriel 11-11-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1441243)
Same thing they have to gain by using old versions of Graal servers for their own project?

If we are thinking of the same guys, they cannot use the new client anyway because they cannot figure out the encryption.

Loriel 11-11-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 1441245)
can someone enlighten me as to who the hell CJ is? I've seen him mentioned a lot recently and I'm not sure who it is.

cyberjouers??? :[

Cyberjoueurs. Joueurs is pretty much French for "gamers" or something, it is just the label that Stefan/Unixmad started the whole thing under.